1.1 What are cookies
Cookies are small text files sent from a server to a user’s device (usually to the Internet browser) when he access a page of a website. Cookies allow the web server to store information to be reused during the same visit to the site (session cookies) or later (persistent cookies).
Cookies facilitate the navigation of the site, allow the memorization of visited pages and other specific information, such as pages consulted more frequently, connection errors, etc.
Cookies are stored, according to user preferences, by the single browser on the specific user’s device (computer, tablet, smartphone).
Often browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari etc.) are set to automatically accept cookies. However users can change the default configuration, so as to disable or delete cookies with the consequence, however, that the optimal use of some areas of the Site could be precluded. Therefore, for an optimal use of this site, it would be advisable for the user to configure his browser in order to accept the receipt of these cookies.
Furthermore, during navigation the user may receive cookies from different sites on his terminal (so-called “third-party” cookies) set directly by the operators of these websites and used for the purposes and according to the procedures defined by them.
1.2 Types of cookies
- Technical cookies: these cookies are necessary for website browsing and the use of its features, such as for allowing a correct display of pages or access to restricted areas. Therefore, disabling these cookies does not allow such activities.
They are not used for further purposes and can be divided into:
- navigation or session cookies: guarantee the normal browsing and use of the website;
- functional cookies: allow the user to navigate according to a set of selected criteria (for example, the language) in order to improve the service.
- Performance cookies: they gather information on the efficiency of the website responses to the user’s requests in an anonymous form, for the sole purpose of improving the functionality of the website; for example, which pages are most frequently visited by the user, and whether there have been errors or delays in the delivery of web pages.
- Profiling cookies: they are designed to create profiles related to the user and are used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same during the network browsing.
THIS SITE DOES NOT USE PROFILING COOKIES
1.3 Third-party cookies
By visiting the Website, the user may receive cookies managed by other organizations (“third-party” cookies) on his device: this is because on the Website elements such as images, maps, specific links to web pages of websites or web services may be present.
These cookies can be sent to the user’s browser by third-party companies directly from their websites which can be accessed by browsing the Website.
For the purposes of transparency of information, below is a list of third-party services on the site, together with the purposes and links to the information pages of the various services.
|The Site may use Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). This service is used to collect statistical data that allow us to improve the user experience of the website. Google Analytics uses “cookies” to collect and analyze information on how users interact with the website in aggregate form (for example, pages visited, geographical origin of visitors, etc.). Google stores information collected on its servers in the United States.
The data generated by Google Analytics are stored by Google as indicated in the Information available at the following link:
The user can disable Google Analytics by installing the additional opt-out component provided by Google on his browser: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
|On some pages there may be interactive maps provided by Google, which may install cookies to detect information and preferences related to this service.
|On the pages of the Site there may be buttons and widgets of Social Networks to facilitate interaction with the social platforms and the sharing of content directly from the pages of this website.
For more information, the following are the web addresses of the information and the methods for managing cookies from the various social networks:
1.4 Cookie management
The user can decide whether or not to accept cookies using the settings of his browser.
Here are the links to the information pages of the main browsers:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-sa/HT201265
We remind you that if you choose to block the reception of cookies, this may compromise or prevent the proper functioning of the Website.
1.5 Other information